Monday, November 29, 2010

Alex's first day of Pre-K...hey that rhymed

So today was Alex's very first day of school, he is in the 3 year old pre k class at a local Christian school. We toured the school last week and he cried when we had to leave. So of course he was excited about today and I was a wreck and nervous. This is how the day went:

530AM: Alex woke up right away and sat up ready to get dressed and out the door (pic above) I actually had to make him eat a banana at the door.
6AM: arrive at new school-the school doesnt start til 7 but they have the early kids go in to gym and eat breakfast and play sports. I kiss Alex good bye and he waves "see ya" and takes off without looking back.
605AM: I feel my insides die as my hypothetical cord is ripped from my body and my 3 year skips into the real world without me. (ok that was overdramatic)
9 AM: call for an update from the teacher Alex is doing great
4 PM: get to school for pick up and meet with his teacher about his first day. This is the feed back I received "Alex cried during our Christmas pagent rehearsal (which is at 7 PM this Friday at his school all ar invited) because he could not have a talking part in the microphone, they were all assigned in the weeks before. Then I took him to the boys potty and he tried to sit in the urinal, I assume that you potty trained him sitting down (insert embarassed single mom smile)."
5-8PM: Alex non stop talk about his new friends and his new school. He can not wait for tomorrow.

It was a success, and to all my blogging moms, family and friends I really hope that as the days go by my nerves and stress will calm about him becoming so independent.


No comments:

Post a Comment