Thursday, November 18, 2010

Terrible 2's my aunt Fannie

Alex turned 2 on 09/16/09 and that year was full of fun and eventful things for us, he started talking more (so cool, umm mommy?, just because), He started attempts at potty training, I graduated with my BSP and we bought our first house. Of those things it was anything but terrible, not even unpleasant.

Alex has now reached the ripe young age of 3.What they don’t tell you is that 3 is a nightmare. They should call it the catastrophic 3’s, because at 3 children decide to stop sleeping at night, they learn the powers of manipulation, and they have developed the right to talk to you as an adult.

Alex has decided in the last few weeks that not only does he need to sleep in mommy’s bed but he also wants to play the “name game” until 10 PM. Since I wake up at 445 AM for work this is not something that works for me. For those that are interested the “name game” is a game Alex created where he yells out descriptions and you have to guess what he is thinking about. Pause for and AHHH moment but at 10 PM it’s an UGH moment.

So thanks to my good and wise friends Josh and Ally, I have devised a new bed time plan that we will execute tonight. Wish us luck (fingers crossed). Also below is a picture of Alex's preimptive nap today since he did stay up til 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment