Saturday, November 27, 2010

Deck the Halls.. and all that, that implies

Now that all the triptophan has long left our bodies, my sister Katelyn and I felt overtaken by the holiday spirit and decide to do some shopping and decorating. We went to Michaels, with the innocent intention of finding supplies to make homemade wreaths, and hit the mother load. As we were shopping with only our hands (all the baskets were taken), we were stocking up to our elbows in 50% OFF decor. All of a sudden I felt overwhelmed  by the savings and crowds, and said out loud "I need a freakin' basket" and the ghost of Christmas present must have heard because a lovely woman says, "would you like my empty cart? This store is too busy for me.. Oh and here is my 20% off coupon that is only good for another hour." I pull a tiny Tim moment "God Bless Us everyone" and dump our loot into the basket. We were able to buy two grapevine wreaths, cranberries, leaves, fake birds and so on for only $30. From there we went to Walmart and then went home to decorate the outside of my house with lights.

Here are some pics of our wreaths, and me hanging lights with a tall ladder all by myself for the first time in my life (playing Kelly Clarkson "miss independent").


No comments:

Post a Comment