Friday, November 19, 2010

All the beautiful butterflies

I have been wanting to post about this one for a while. My aunt (she watches Alex) has a small in home daycare and in her back yard she has planted some "butterfly friendly" vines. That was me quoting the Homedepot label. Well they have lived up to advertising because each plant has about 7 or 8 catepillars and in all stages from an egg to a small catepillar to a crysalis. Well for weeks I go to pick up Alex and I spend about a half hour with the kids observing, and holding all the new buggies. We have yet to see a butterfly.....Until today. We found a butterfly toward the bottom of the plant and we all took turns letting it crawl all over our hands. At first the kids were nervous to hold it but once I assured them it was safe and my adult mother knowledge eased their fears it was butterfly mania. This is a pic of Alex holding the butterfly, and yes he is making an unsure semi constipated face :) he kept saying "eww its sticking to me"

No comments:

Post a Comment