Friday, December 3, 2010

"Mommy do you have a boyfriend?"

I started working on my super secret surprise present that I am make for a very close family to me. It involves patchwork, cut outs and sewing. One patchwork has a pink heart that I was pinning for sewing when Alex comes over this is the conversation:

Alex "mommy is that a heart?"
Me "yes it is"
Alex "OH COOL. Is that for you boyfweind?"
Me (shock face because I havent heard the word boyfriend since I was like 16 jk) "NO"
Alex "oh mommy do you kiss you bowfriend?"
Me (again shock face with nervous laughter, can my 3 year old know about my non existant dating laugh?) "No I dont have a boyfriend, and how about this if I get a boyfriend, I promise you will be the first person I tell."
Alex "ok thats good"

This was the funniest conversation he and I have ever had. I knew that the Mommy why are you single? Mommy why doesn't a daddy live with us? conversation would happen one day but not at 3. I am sure as his language skills get better I will need to do more explaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment