Sunday, December 12, 2010

Guilty Pleasure's...I am a NERD


So I recently added a new "gadget" to my blog, Guilty Pleasure. It's basically a breakdown of the books I have read in the past couple of months. Some of them I have read for the 3rd time. This post is a little embarassing becuase it is showing my inner geek-dum (I just coined a new word). I read ALOT I typically have read one book in a one day period. This is something I have only recently found as my passion in the past couple years. I hated reading in school and would not be caught dead reading as a past time, but now I find the smallest pleasure in reading with a good glass of wine (I am also giving away to just how single I really am). This list also reminds me of a conversation I recently had with a coworker this week. The backstory she was telling me that over the Christmas weekend her and her husband are having a marathon of his favorite movies that she has NEVER seen. Here is how it went.

Coworker "we are watching all the Star Wars I have never seen them."
Me "what you have never seen Star Wars? Not even the new ones with Ewan McGregor?"
Coworker "OH WOW you sound like my husband when I say I havent seen Lord of the Rings or Harry Potter."
Me "WHAT? are you kidding me? I wish I could go backpacking through middle earth with legaless. AND Harry Potter is really a Cinderella story of sucess, the boy grew up in a closet."
Coworker " he lived in a closet?"
Me "Yea his parents were killed by Voldemort and his stupide muggle aunt and uncle raised him."
Coworker "what is Legaless?"
Me "Just the hottest Elf with kick ass archery skills"
Coworker BIG eyeroll as she turns to face her computer

To sum it up I realized I am a bigger nerd than I thought, also I have the same interests as a 16 year old boy....FANTASTIC no wonder I am still single lol

No comments:

Post a Comment