Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Arizona Winters..Good ole Globe

 So many of you know that Arizona does not have normal seasons. While the rest of the nation has this season called Fall Arizona has Summer, where it snows in winter Arizona has Summer. So now on December 14th we have fallen into winter. Many of my transplant friends have experienced the bitter winter, the golden fall, and the brightly colored spring, but we beat them all with our summers. Now I know you ask, wait? What are transplants? people that did not grow up in Arizona but moved here willingly after reaching their legal independence because of weather, love of swimming pools or just good old fashioned rebillion.
And to my transplant friends please know there is  place in this Copper State that does have all four seasons. It is the near dear home in my heart, Globe AZ. I remember having snow in the winter, beautfiul gardens in Spring, and football in the Fall ( I sound like a Kenny Chesney song). It's days like this that miss the small mining town, where everyone knows your name...wait that is a small bar in Boston called Cheers. But still I am so excited to be going to my grandparents in Globe for Christmas day. 
  Here are some pictures of the front of my house to show that Arizona can party down with the best of them :).
 Alex crunching fallen leaves outside our house.
front of the house decorated for Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! I blog too!! Small world! Happy Birthday to you! Cute little yard you have!!

    ReplyDelete